06 Feb Sermon Recap | Engage | Proclamation
As God’s people, we have been entrusted to share the good news of Jesus in a personal, compelling way. Although we are easily deterred by fears of this world, they are only temporary in light of our mission to share Jesus with others.
I See the Lord | Vertical Church | iTunes
1 Chronicles 29:10-12 • Psalm 99:1-3 • Revelation 4:1-11
Singing in the Victory | Austin Stone Worship | iTunes
Phil 4:6 • Psalm 98:1 • Exodus 15
Give it All | Grace Church Worship
Psalm 101:1-3 • Romans 12:1 • Psalm 119:10-12
Only the Blood | Village Church | iTunes
John 6:53-54 • Mark 14:24 • Ephesians 1:7 • 1 John 1:7
Christ Our Savior | Grace Church Worship
Lamentations 3:21-26 • Ephesians 2 • Psalm 2:6-7
This I Believe | Hillsong Worship | iTunes
1 Corinthians 15 • John 3:16 • Romans 1:16-17 • Hebrews 1
1. How comfortable are you with talking about Jesus and your faith in Him with others who don’t share your beliefs? How often are you thinking of ways to share your faith?
2. Out of the fears and excuses that Mark mentioned when it comes to sharing your faith, which can you most identify with? What is incorrect or unbiblical about the reasons you are using to avoid having spiritual conversations with those around you?
– It is the job of professionals, not me.
– It makes me uncomfortable.
– I am not good at those kinds of conversations. I don’t have the skills.
– I am timid and quiet. It’s not my personality.
– I am too busy. I just don’t have the time to do it.
– I am afraid of what they will say or what they will think of me.
– That is God’s work, not mine. He has all of that figured out.
3. When is the last time you communicated the gospel to someone else? How did that go? What is keeping you from having these conversations more frequently?
Make a list of people in your spheres of influence with whom you could share your faith (work, family, friends, neighborhood, organizations you belong to, places you frequent, etc.).
Pray that God would open the door for these conversations and reveal to you other individuals whom you may not be thinking of now.
4. Where could you have more clarity around your personal story (“Write Your Story” exercise)? How can you develop more courage or be more equipped to be able to actually share that story (“Share Your Story” exercise)? Which of these resources will you personally work through, and who will you ask to hold you accountable?
“The gospel has come to us to move out through us.”
“The gospel is far less compelling when we hold tightly to our own lives.”
“God’s work in others is to make our work in others more effective.”
“A changed life sacrifices comfort to see others’ lives changed.”
“Creating credible relationships is expensive in your life, but it is worth it.”
“Over-exaggerating God’s sovereignty while under-emphasizing what God has called you to do creates spiritual atrophy.”