23 Jan Sermon Recap | Engage | Justice
God brings justice through reconciling us to Himself. Through reconciliation, we are brought into the Kingdom of Heaven, making us ambassadors of Christ while we are walking on this earth. As His representatives, it is our responsibility to bring His justice to bear in our communities.
You Reign | Grace Church Worship | iTunes
Psalm 146 • Psalm 47:5-9 • 1 Chronicles 29:10-20
Whole Again | Grace Church Worship | iTunes
John 6:53-54 • Mark 14:24 • Ephesians 1:7 • 1 John 1:7
Singing in the Victory | Austin Stone Worship | iTunes
Phil 4:6 • Psalm 98:1• Exodus 15
Once for All | CityAlight | iTunes
Pslam 8 • Hebrews 10 • 1 Peter 3:18
What a Savior | Hillsong Worship | iTunes
John 9:35-39 • Psalm 71:14 • Psalm 149:4
1. We are Christ’s ambassadors. In what areas of your life do you see a clear opportunity to represent Jesus well as His ambassador? Where do you struggle to represent Him well?
2. In order to set things right, Jesus brings all injustice onto Himself and reconciles us to Him. He walks next to the broken so that they may feel freedom from their shame. Are you engaging those around you in such a way that their brokenness “gets on you”? If not, what is keeping you from walking into that brokenness with them? How can others find freedom and blessing because of their relationship with you?
3. When we’re spending our energy on our concerns, we have no energy left for the things we are responsible for. What came to mind when thinking about what you are concerned about versus what you are actually responsible for? How does your access to social media and news contribute to your skewed perspective on responsibility?
4. The hallmarks of doing justice in the world in the way that God does justice are returning good for evil and caring for the poor and vulnerable among us. What area in your life is the most difficult for you to forgive as you have been forgiven? How are you tempted to condemn in others what you excuse in yourself? Do you need to take advantage of one of the opportunities offered at Grace to connect and identify with the hurting and vulnerable in a way that glorifies Jesus? What is your next step?
Thoughts to Consider
– Jesus so identifies with the guilty that those near Him find freedom from their shame.
– God brings justice in one of two ways: Either a person’s sins are laid on Christ at the cross or that person does not repent and bears the condemnation of rejecting Jesus for eternity. It is God’s responsibility to execute that kind of justice.
– We are to extend justice in the world through caring for the poor and vulnerable and returning good for evil.