24 Apr Meet Miracle Hill
Many of you may be aware of our partnership with Miracle Hill but might not know all the facets of the ministry.
Although they are largely connected with the fostering and adopting of at-risk children, Miracle Hill also provides food, shelter for homeless adults, and residential addiction recovery (Overcomers and Renewal). With its many pieces come many opportunities for you to get involved as well as several resources available within our staff.
You may have heard the names Beth Drake, Lisa Yerrick, or Tina Thieme surrounding Miracle Hill, but how do you know who to contact for different inquiries? Continue reading to learn more about each of these ladies and how they are connected to both Grace Church and Miracle Hill.
1. What is your title? I am license specialist/Grace Church liaison, so I am employed by both Miracle Hill and Grace Church. I license foster families through Miracle Hill for South Carolina, and then I help build support at Grace Church for these families (date night, training, Foster Adopt Resource Center, and Wraparound Community Groups).
2. What initially drew you to work with Miracle Hill? I wanted first to be a part of a ministry and be able to openly share Jesus. Then I wanted to help the Upstate connect with other organizations. We have many organizations doing a lot of little things, and I felt if we each do one thing really well we could team together and make a larger impact.
3. Why would I come see you? If you are interested in becoming a foster family, or a foster family with needs contact me. Also if you would like to help foster families or foster children come see me.
4. What is something you wish everyone knew about Miracle Hill Ministries? I wish we all knew a client of Miracle Hill. Those who have graduated from one of our programs have such a love for Jesus. They will warm your heart.
1. What is your title? Vice President of Collaborations and Engagement
2. What initially drew you to work with Miracle Hill? I have always been drawn to and worked in “helping” professions. At Miracle Hill, besides just being called to this organization, I recognize the powerful way that God is changing lives in this ministry. He is using a loving community of staff and volunteers in changing those lives, and I wanted to be a part of that.
3. Why would I come see you? To gain a broader vision of the work of Miracle Hill Ministries—most people are aware of only a portion of the work that we do (like Foster Care). I want to tell you about this large mission field that sits right in your backyard and how you can become involved in changing lives outside the walls of the church—and without traveling across an ocean.
4. What is something you wish everyone knew about Miracle Hill Ministries? Miracle Hill seeks to help hurting people become whole. I wish everyone could see and know the pure joy and love for Jesus that shines in the people who have been loved and restored through our ministries—it is so powerful.
5. What is an interesting fact about you? My husband and I both came from lots of family dysfunction and a long line of divorce. On April 20, we celebrated 32 years of marriage! God heard our desire many years ago to change that legacy in our family. We were so naïve about what that would even look like—but God RICHLY blessed us, and I am humbled and grateful for it.
1. What is your title? I am a Miracle Hill Care Coordinator / Grace Church Liaison. I support foster children in Grace Church foster families licensed through Miracle Hill and other agencies.
2. What initially drew you to work with Miracle Hill? I was drawn to Miracle Hill because I wanted to be an advocate for vulnerable children.
3. Why would I come see you? My role is to support foster children currently in Grace Church foster family homes. If you are currently fostering or adopting, I would love to serve you. I would also love to connect you with other foster families and adoptive families.
4. What is something you wished everyone knew about Miracle Hill Ministries? Countless lives have been changed through Miracle Hill Ministries for many, many years.
5. What is an interesting fact about you? Within 24 hours of beginning my new position with Miracle Hill and Grace Church, both my job description and job title changed. God had different plans.